Mountain View began in 1890 when the Mitchell family gave a plot of land from their farm to the Methodist Church. According to a daughter, Miss Anna Mitchell, there was not a single church at that time on the road between Kingsport and Blountville. The church was built and worship services were held for the first time in 1893. It became known as the White Church and was expanded in 1951 to add more Sunday School classrooms. In 1968 a ground breaking ceremiony was held to build a new church building in front of the White Church on Orebank Road. This building in which we now worship was completed in September, 1969.
The first funeral service held in the new sanctuary was for Miss Anna Mitchell who died at age 96. The large wooden cross over the alter is hand cut from logs taken from the Mitchell farm. The Tower Bell which calls us to worship has been in use at Mountain View for over 100 years. In 1974 a wing was added to provide a new fellowship hall and more Sunday School classrooms. In 2007, after considerable discussion and prayer, a decision was made to take down the old White Church. This provided space for a new Ministry Center which was built in 2008. We now have an excellent facility for our children and youth as well as many other church and community activities. God has truly blessed Mountain View and its people for over 125 years.